City Football Group adds Brazilian club Bahia to its empire in 'hugely important' £158m purchase
- City Football Group adds to its portfolio
- CFG owns 13 clubs in total
- Bahia hailed as "important" acquisition
WHAT HAPPENED? City's owners have added Bahia to their burgeoning portfolio, which already includes the likes of New York City FC and Melbourne City FC. The deal to buy Bahia is valued as the second largest in CGF's history, after the acquisition of Manchester City.
🏆 TOP STORY: Exclusive: Adama Traore explains baby oil habit & more
📣 HAVE YOUR SAY: Will Haaland become PL's GOAT goalscorer?
🚨 MUST READ: Man Utd's massive transfer wake-up call
THE BIGGER PICTURE: City Football Group has purchased 90 per cent of the club, leaving 10 per cent to the club's current administration, who will remain in charge of such decisions as Bahia's club colours and their emblem. The club have won the Brazilian top-flight twice, with their most recent success coming in 1988.
AND WHAT'S MORE: Ferran Soriano, CFG's chief executive, claims the deal to buy Bahia is a "long-term project" and has promised that the club will continue to grow under their stewardship.
IN TWO PHOTOS
WHAT NEXT FOR BAHIA? They have just kicked off their season in Brazil and have played three games, winning one and losing two. They face Coritiba on Sunday.